Using the Export to QuickBooks Pro® or QuickBooks Premiere ®, you can use all the time data you have tracked with WorkSchedule.Net, and move it into QuickBooks Pro® for payroll.
There are several things you must make sure of before attempting to export the time sheet information from WorkSchedule.Net into Quickbooks Pro®:
1) Ensure that in each employee record, the names are spelled exactly the way they are in QuickBooks Pro®, INCLUDING CAPITALIZATION! The trick here is in realizing that QuickBooks Pro® combines the first and last name into one, whereas WorkSchedule.Net separates them into two fields. Upon exporting, WorkSchedule.net will combine the First Name and Last Name fields into one, with a space in between.You must ensure that the spellings of the names in WorkSchedule.Net are EXACTLY as they are in QuickBooks Pro® for the export to work. If you have a middle initial used in QuickBooks Pro®, simply append it to the first name. EXAMPLE: If you have an employee entered into QuickBooks Pro® as "John Q. Smith", the corresponding WorkSchedule.Net employee record should be as follows: First Name: "John Q.", Last Name: "Smith".
2) In Company Settings, you must have an entry for "QuickBooks Pro® Create Time." There is a number that you must enter here, and you can find using the following method:
(a) Open QuickBooks Pro®.
(b) Go to File | Timer | Export lists for Timer.
(c) Give the file a name and save it somewhere you will remember, like your Desktop. It will default to making the file end in ".iif" which is fine. You can change it to a ".txt" file if you wish, but it is not necessary.
(d) Open Wordpad, Notepad, Word, or any basic word processor. From there, open the file you just exported out of QuickBooks Pro®.
(e) The top two lines should look something like this:
!TIMERHDR VER REL COMPANYNAME IMPORTEDBEFORE FROMTIMER COMPANYCREATETIME
TIMERHDR 6 0 My Company Name N Y 933234334
(f) The number you need for "QuickBooks Pro® Create Time" in Company Settings is the rightmost number on the second line. The number above is only an example. Do not use the number given here in the help, rather the number in the file you just opened. In the above example, we have colored it in red. If you are comfortable with copy and paste, you can copy the number to the clipboard, and then paste it right into Company Settings.
EXPORTING OUT OF WORKSCHEDULE.NET
1) In WorkSchedule.Net, go to the Time Sheet section. Then choose File | Export to QuickBooks Pro®.
2) You will be presented with a date range, which you can change to anything you want. It will be defaulted to your current schedule period. Make sure the date range indicates the time period of time data that you wish to export into QuickBooks Pro®. Then click "Export Now".
3) You should then be presented with a link that says "Right click here to download your export file. Then choose Save Target As". As it says, RIGHT click the link, and then when the pop up window appears, click "Save Target As".
4) At this point you should be asked where to save the file. It is recommended that you save it to your Desktop, but you can save it anywhere you like as long as you remember where you saved it.
IMPORTING INTO QUICKBOOKS PRO®
(a) Open QuickBooks Pro®.
(b) Go to File | Timer | Import Activities from Timer.
(c) Choose the file you just saved from WorkSchedule.Net, and open it.
(d) At this point, if everything was set up correctly (above), Quickbooks Pro® should indicate that the import was successful. It should also give you the opportunity to see a report of what you just imported.
(e) If for any reason you have problems, contact a technical support representative at 866-846-3123 (press 4).
(f) For support on running payroll and any other internal functions of QuickBooks Pro®, contact Intuit (http://www.intuit.com) for support.
* QuickBooks Pro® is a registered trademark of Intuit.